Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My first monthly report ! yet month is not over!

The following story is based on a true life encounter.

I have a confession to make today....

How could this have happened to me? My mind was blank as I stared at my monitor at my 64th cubicle. My boss sent a reminder today as well to remind me that today was the last day for Nov monthly report submission. Yesterday I had the same reminder as well, but my colleagues and I daringly ignored the reminder. Needless to say, I felt guilty for the rest of the day. Hence, today I’m determined to hand in my report on time. But to my dismay, no matter how hard I tried, I just don’t know what to write. There were too many things that happened in the past days and I just don’t know where to start! The clock continues ticking. Glancing at my watch, I saw that it was already 12:20pm. 3 hour to go till deadline.

How did I end up in this situation?


I glanced at my watch for the second time. Its 12.45pm already. Actually I had to take my first Team lunch, that too it was in 4 star hotel near to ITPL, that made thing worse. I need to complete this stuff and also be ready for lunch, which I don’t need to miss out .Heck, I’ve wasted another 15 minutes doing nothing. Without further delay I boost my determination with a cup of coffee day regular 3 in 1 coffee and started on my report. Firstly I browsed through all my mails ( the most important task for the day ) that help me a lot ,for the past 4 weeks and jot down all the key items that I would like to include in my report. Next I broke down the list into 3 major categories – General, Highlights and Lowlights. Then, I wrote short descriptions for each of the items. For those items that took to much hassle to explain, Thank you Justin(he is my frind ,just a feet apart from my Cubile. he send a sample of his report)! I guiltily deleted them from the list. After much sweat and effort, I finally finished the report and hit the send button at 5.30pm sharp! Hooray! Mission accomplished.

I have to admit, although I managed to hand in the report on time; I’m not too satisfied about the report. It was by far the worst report I ever wrote in my entire life. I need to polish my writing skills and invest more time on next month’s report. ALL the best swaroop

3 comments:

Neev said...

Best of Luck....You can do it...:)

Neev said...

Well now I see the date of this post!!! I'm sure you must have done it?

Swaroop said...

Thanks Nitisha :) xxoms